You can transform lives…
“It means a lot to me being a volunteer for Faithworks Wessex, as it gives me the opportunity to do what I really like. And also I can see your hard work for the public and it is rewarding being a part of it. I have also gained my motivation back to move on with my studies. So YES I am a very happy volunteer”
We are always looking for more people to join the team. Simple practical things can often make a huge difference to our clients lives such as visiting an older, isolated person at home, meeting up for coffee with a carer, doing a regular night shift at Sleepsafe (emergency bed provision for those sleeping rough).
Particular roles we are looking to fill are
• Befrienders – face-to-face and telephone befriending
• Volunteer drivers
• Budget Coaches possibly with the opportunity to train as Debt Advisors
• SMILE family supporters
What you can expect
• One of our team will contact you for a chat to find out what you would like get involved with
• We will book you on to our Basic Skills training (the training takes about 2 and a half hours)
• We will apply for your references
• If you will be working with clients, we will book you in for a DBS check (this takes about 15 minutes to do)
• We will put you in touch with the Coordinator of the project you would like to get involved with for a chat about how you can get started!
How to apply
Download a volunteers application here, send it back to Emma at email@example.com (or by post) and we’ll take it from there!