Project Name: Faithworks Recovery
Location: From home or in the office
Volunteer Title: Recovery Telephone Support Volunteer
Time Commitment: Flexible to suit
Addiction and destructive habits are a growing problem in our society – they can affect both mental and physical wellbeing, as well as the individual and the people around them. But, we believe that with someone alongside them to “walk the journey”, such people can find new hope that will build their self-confidence and help people to find a path of recovery and freedom.
We started a new project within Faithworks in 2019 as over the past few years we have seen the increased need for services that offer one to one support for those in addiction.
What will the project involve?
– Mapping of all the existing recovery support (statutory, community or faith based, including NA, AA courses etc.), and run awareness sessions for the network to help them make the most of that network
– Develop a network of local faith-based groups responding to this need & assist in educating & equipping them in addiction trends and general understanding.
– Roll out more Recovery Courses, aiming to have a course running every week of the year in Bournemouth.
– Develop excellent local relationships between the network and other providers.
– Grow the Recovery Support Programme (a weekly support group for those affected by a person’s addiction or habit) to flourish in the community.
– Train volunteers so that they have the skills and confidence to be able to support people at all stages of their recovery journeys.
– Improved awareness of addiction and support services through implementing a programme of training and education for schools, colleges, churches and organisations to equip and educate around the topic of addiction and recovery.
What will you do:
– Commit to training with other new volunteers to build a committed and dedicated team of Faithworks’ volunteers for Recovery
– Building a rapport with recovery guests/clients who require one to one telephone support
– Help people to know what is happening in their locality and signposting as required
– Work with the Recovery Course team to assess new clients using forms
– Inputting records of communication with guests onto the Charitylog database used by Faithworks
– Establish and build a rapport with clients that come for assessments at the office (if applicable)
– Meet with Emma (Recovery Projects Manager) to establish a plan/times for your volunteering
– Attend Faithworks’ Basic Skills training
– Establish and maintain appropriate boundaries within the
– Spend time/share activities/go to events with the client (depending on your availability, of course)
– Notify the Coordinator and/or Manager of any issues/difficulties relating to the role or (if appropriate) your own recovery journey, ensuring that your own welfare/and or recovery is maintained well.
– Complete any paperwork required for documenting the one to one involvement with a client
– Assist on a Recovery Course locally if possible and help at any recovery related events
For further information contact: Emma by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the office on 01202 429037