SLEEPSAFE MISSION 2019/20
Following the success of last winter’s Sleepsafe (see stats below), we are already planning for Sleepsafe later this year. Each year, we look at exciting new ways on improving the service for our guests and this year will be no different.
We are hoping to deliver Sleepsafe for six months from 14th October 2019 to 13th April 2020!
Our immediate challenges are:
- Storage space for all our Sleepsafe equipment (Minimum 60sqm)
- Financial Support (See giving options below) Aiming to raise £50k !
- Prayer Support ( Join our WhatsApp Prayer Group )
- Volunteers for this year’s Sleepsafe (Expression of Interest)
If you believe you can have an impact and want to be part of an effective team, we would like to hear from you now. If you are able to help with any of these areas, please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sleepsafe Stats 2018/19
From October 2018 to end of March 2019, 17 church venues hosted “Sleepsafe” – a church-run supported bed project helping rough sleepers get off and stay off the street. 61 rough sleepers not only found a safe place to sleep, a hot meal and a shower, but they also found a place where they could take stock and work with a supportive team to build a plan to get off the street.
48 of those men and women are now off the street and in more secure accommodation – that’s 78%. It’s great for them… and it’s a living example of what happens when churches, agencies and over 300 passionate volunteers work together.
If you would like support Sleepsafe financially, you can donate in the following ways:
- Text – text FWWX17 and the amount you wish to donate to 70070
- Online – through Localgiving
- Cheque – please make cheques payable to Faithworks Wessex and write Sleepsafe on the back of the cheque
- Standing Order – you can download a Standing Order form here
Click here for more information on how to support rough sleepers in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole: